First Baptist Christian School believes that its children absorb concepts of Christ from people, things and experiences that are part of their environment. Therefore, a love and appreciation for Christ and things that Christ has made are stressed through appropriate activities. FBCS curriculum design helps each child develop in all facets of his life Ė academically, physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
Goals of Education
- To teach children to love God with all of their heart, soul, mind, and strength through a transforming, redemptive, personal relationship with Jesus Christ of Nazareth as Lord and Savior (Mark 12:30).
- To enable each student to become an effective, responsible, and pleasing servant of our Lord Jesus Christ, trained for works and service that he has prepared for each one to do by loving oneís neighbor as oneself (Mark 12:31).
- To disciple students so they may develop a characteristic lifestyle that confirms to the image of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29).
- To help the Christian student organize and articulate an account for the hope that lies within him or her with gentleness and reverence (I Peter 3:15).
- To formulate a distinctively Christian mind that is able to think and act according to Biblical principles (Philippians 2:3-8; 4:8, 9).
- To provide a knowledge of the universe, manís place in it, and Godís perspective on man and human history in such a way that each student will weigh the value of his or her relationship to Jesus Christ and accept the challenge of lifelong commitment to knowing Biblical principles and obeying His commandments.
- To guide the students in knowing, comprehending and applying the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith and their practical implications for life in the new age ahead.
- To provide a clear perception of truth and the motivation to act in a morally and socially responsible way; to obey God in the fulfillment of His mandates for His people.